Thanks for Stoppin By!

We thank you for taking the time to stop by and read about our boring, average lives! Enjoy and feel free to follow us!

Monday, August 29, 2011

A Whole Lot of Tears last night!

Last night was one of the hardest nights I have seen makenzie have in a long time!  When she came home from her Dad's house she immediately asked where Anthony was, I reminded her that he was gone for the next 2 weeks working for the Army and that he would be back soon.  Well a little while later I asked her to get her jammies on so we could get ready for bed and she started bawling! I asked her why she was crying and she didn't answer. I asked her if she was sad and she said yes, when I asked her why she was sad she said "because Anthony isn't here".  That broke my heart into about a million little pieces!!  I have alwasy known that Makenzie Loves Anthony like she loves her Dad, but I didn't know just how much she loved him and would miss him until last night!  We cuddled on the couch for a little bit, then I told her to find a marker and meet me in her room.  We looked at the calendar, circled the day that Anthony will be back and then put an "X" through Saturday and Sunday and I told her every night at bedtime will put an "X" through that day so we know how much longer it is until he will be home. When we went to bed, she started crying again because she just wanted Anthony there to tell her Goodnight and since they were working late last night he wasn't able to call her. I told her he would try later this week, but he was busy.  I also told her that he knows we miss him and that he misses us too and he is thinking about us as much as we are thinking about him!

 It might only be 2 weeks, but to her that is a long time.  I'm hoping that this will help prepare her for whenever he deploys again, but I know that won't be easy either!!  I'm hoping tonight is better, but i'm prepared for it not to be!

Wish us luck for the next 14 days!